Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Another Medieval Book

For Christmas this year, I got another book on Medieval culture that I have enjoyed reading and hope to use for future reference for future stories.

This book is called "The Time Traveler's Guide to Medieval England" by Ian Mortimer, and it will be easier to find, given that the last Medieval book I recommended is out of print (I only discovered this recently). This book only focuses on the fourteenth century (the 1300's) in England, but it is very in-depth. It goes into great detail in describing how towns looked like, what different classes ate, what fashions were and how they changed particularly in that century, disease of the time period, etc... It is a very neat book, and the author is a good writer too. I will give one warning for certain people: the book has some PG-13 content given some of the language used during the time period, the violence, and even some of the "medical" cures for diseases; so while I recommend the book, read at your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment